what would you do?

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by rc_mcwaters3, Oct 4, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

which would you pick?

1. Bridgelux

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Cree

15 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. pwreef

pwreef Astrea Snail

I have Aquastyle kit. Look for my posts on this board. I would definitely go with dimmable drivers. There is no such thing as non-dimmable LED emitters. Why do you feel you need extra LEDs from Aquastyle? You are killing the economy here because you also need lots of extra drivers. I went with Inventronics drivers and bought them from reefledlights.com a competitor to Rapid BTW. You have to consider what you are going to do with the heatsinks. If you keep them exposed, the black ones look very good IMHO. If you are sticking them into the fixture or canopy then it does not matter. Also be aware the heatsinks that Aquastyle sends you are not as heavy as the heatsinkusa ones. If you want to experiment with a cheaper fixture, get the heavy components here and order the LEDs on Aquastyle. You save a ton on shipping. If you buy a driver from HK and it has to be shipped back it will cost you more than the driver itself! The 48 LEDs with lenses are only about $120. If you don't like them, not much loss IMO, you can switch to Cree. Good luck!

2. Click Here!

3. rc_mcwaters3

rc_mcwaters3 Clown Trigger

I have come to a decision and it wil be...... Cree leds from rapid ;D

there are alot of what ifs coming from the other company and I just dont have the money to risk it, and if I dont like the Crees I can get a refund or sell them if I dont like the Bridgelux leds it will be harder to sell them and even worse to return them :p

oh and I have boost led over my 20 gallon now and like them alot but if im going to put the money into it might as well go big LOL