What will I need to do to get best quality?

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by wasitgreen, May 30, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

It helped lighten your wallet and fatten the LFs's is all. Nothing, and I will repeat, NOTHING replaces time when it comes to a tanks maturation process.

As knowledgable as you think you may be, you need to spend more time on the forums listening to those with years and years of experience and less reading product literature. They are in business to make money. Most of us on the forums have noting to gain other than helping others just as someone helped us. I do it for fun and exposing others to the wonders I have experienced and would never think about steering someone wrong.

2. Click Here!

3. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Great advise on here so far, but just want to clarify a few points.
    1) A Sump is only a container of water plumed to the display tank. It has zero filtration properties at all, aside from increasing the over all water volume. Where as a canister filter typically has many bio and mechanical filtration properties
    2) Ammonia is the 1st stage of the Nitrogen cycle Ammonia -> Nitrite -> Nitrogen. Having measurable levels of Ammonia means your system does not have the ability to break down the ammonia in the system

1 person likes this.