What was I thinking?!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by TheSaltwaterGuy, Dec 8, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Wow..... just wow..... Well finally after doing a lot of searching my tank I found the main leak and it actually wasn't under the tank lol. Apparently it was a crack that came with the biocube the first time i got it (the mailman is a bastard and doesn't handle with care, so to speak). I had actually felt that crack and got a cut form it when we were building the biocube, but I didnt think it would be such a serious problem, and my dad told me not to worry about it. looks like it ended up screwing up my tank for a while but im gonna cover it with silicone; besides, the filter area is kinda drained in the sens that all the filter water is in the biocube's third chamber. FINALLY I've found my problem!!!!

2. Click Here!

3. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

well looks like the leak selaed up pretty well. just a question: I kept my zoas in a cup (what cud i do?) while the tank was cycling again. I sorta did a water change by literally taking out a tiny bit of water and replacing it with IO Reef crystals. i let my light shine on it (again, what else cud i do?) and i drip acclimated it and put it back in my DT (cycle is now done). so, can it still survive?

4. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Still have that maroon clownfish if maybe anyone wants to trade it for an ocellaris of any kind or a percula.

5. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Ok well my tank is back in action! got a pretty good aquascape with like one main cave but it still looks pretty good. maroon seems to be doing fine

6. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Also before these leaks happened the tank was filled for at least 3 months so I dont see why it happens now