What was I thinking?!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by TheSaltwaterGuy, Dec 8, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Ehh i throw out all the warranty papers lol. Besides I honestly don't even want the biocube; IMO its a POS because it cant support a lot of sand, while a regular tank can. too much sand probably caused the leak, since the weight then got very heavy and I had to add more water cuz the pump wasnt working. its not leaking very fast, but i cant fix it then there's a donor who will donate a 30 gallon if this doesnt work out ;)

2. Click Here!

3. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

yeah i know but again, i dont like the biocube thinking back at it cuz it cant support all the weight i put in, and waters coming out of those plastic rim thingies; im 100% sure this wudnt happen with a regular tank

4. jkuja913

jkuja913 Spaghetti Worm

Well, if you do go with the 30 gallon donor tank, then why not get the biocube warrantied anyways? You could always have it sitting around for another project. Frag tank, sea horses, even a freshwater planted. They shipped me the ballast free of cost to me, didn't even have to pay shipping. If i ever have an option to use a warranty, i do it. The manufactures warranty are always included into the cost of the item in some way shape or form. So you payed for it, might as well use it. Even if it's just going to end up sitting in the garage/attic for a few years. And, there is always the option of selling it to someone who is looking to start up there own tank!

5. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

hmmm... well i never thought of that, except i lost the warranty papers and what not lol

6. country1911

country1911 Coral Banded Shrimp

Or you could sell the new tank to finance a different project tank. Just a thought.

7. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Well still been waiting for some magic to happen lol. well my neon velvet damsel finally bit the dust and died (had some weird brown lines on him...?) algae blenny still doing good, has the QT all to himself lol. dt still dripping on the side so much that the SW has dried up and salt crystals are literally right there XD. Well anyway I'm gonna finish the cycle,add some more silicone, and see what happens then.

8. Click Here!

9. Guy

Guy Spaghetti Worm

How much sand do you have in the Biocube? Unless you're intentionally making a DSB, I'd say one lb per gallon in a nano tank is great. :)

10. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

about 20 lbs since i took out 20 lbs and had 40 lbs originally; and yeah i was trying for a DSB

11. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

You seem to continually blame the problem on the weight of what you have in the tank. I highly doubt that is the problem. The tank probably just has a small leak someplace where the seal isn't good. If it was a weight issue, the bottom of the tank would have fallen out already as the weight won't just cause a leak/damage, then stop and not cause further damage. The weakness will cause the rest of the seal to start to fail and you will eventually have a total failure. It probably was defective from the factory and you should have saved the warranty papers or at least the receipt as often that is all you need. I'm surprised that option didn't come up when it started to initially leak.

However, your where your at now. If the tank is leaking, and you can't act on the warranty, then my advice to you is break it down, sell your livestock and start over. If it was a standard tank, the issue would be much easier to diagnose and fix, but due to the nature of the biocube, it is much harder to do so. You can't keep all that livestock in a 10 gallon and expect them to survive. You have been given pretty good advice so far and seem to be heeding it. I hope this all works out in the end.

12. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

...what livestock? lol i only have a maroon in there and i think it is the weight because water entered the sand probably which lowered my water level and i added more; also there probably about 350 lbs of water+rock+sand in there i think... or so there was until i took out 20 lbs of sand