what to do?

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by oldfishkeeper, Oct 19, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

I have a Par38 Led bulb and it dropped into my saltwater and wouldn't turn back on after drying it out. I opened it thinking that somehow I might be able to figure something out which is laughable as I'm staring at the insides with nothing obvious to fix. My question is, I did keep the builbs, is there anything I could do with these? They are a mixture of colors and is there another fixture I could put them in? They are like a diamond shape, I have to think I could so something with them. Any advice?

2. Click Here!

3. Moxtrain

Moxtrain Peppermint Shrimp

As long as your LEDs are still working I'd imagine you wouldnt have much trouble mounting them onto something new. Hard part might be getting info on the LEDs to find a new driver for them.

4. ivanbosk

ivanbosk Feather Duster

You could get one of the DIY kits. Use the bulbs there, if they are worth saving?

5. Moxtrain

Moxtrain Peppermint Shrimp

IMO if they work, save them. That said i'm a bit of a pack rat with anything I feel like I may want later down the road. The downside is that I never need any of it until the week after I finally toss them out.

6. FatBastad

FatBastad Zoanthid

lol

I find this is 100% true so I've really been trying to just throw stuff out and not encourage my tendency to hoard!