What the hole is it?

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by surfnthreef, Jul 6, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. surfnthreef

surfnthreef Flamingo Tongue

Wow!!! I am beyond impressed. . . That is amazing!!! I am glad you were able to save your beautiful fish. What is Zoe and Zoecon? I would love to have some handy for future mishaps. Curious- - - did you administer this stuff straight into your display tank or did you hospitalize the fish?

2. Click Here!

3. steph

steph Astrea Snail

Zoe and Zoecon are food additives made by Kent. I ordered them from Marine Depot because they are supposed to be good for hlle. I didnt quarintine, but left my CB in the display tank. I soaked her food in the Zoe and Zoecon like the package suggested, and woke up to find her better. It was amazing. I thought for sure that we were going to lose her, and today you cant even see the spot from the HLLE.

4. surfnthreef

That truly blows my mind...
    One final question... what do you feed your CB? I am making all effort to prevent my new CB from getting the same thing... You may be the only 3reefer I have found with expertise in this feild!

5. steph

steph Astrea Snail

I definitely dont have expertise!!!!! I just set up my tank this summer, and when my CB started showing signs, I went to forum after forum looking for answers. When I saw this as a suggestion, I just tried it!!!!!!! I feed mine frozen angel and butterfly diet, and also formula two flakes and spirulina flakes. I also use a veggie clip with green seaweed. My CB seems to enjoy the other fishes formula 1 flakes, but I dont directly feed her those- she just snitches them!!!

6. surfnthreef

I saw the Zoe supplement yesterday and picked it up. I am sure my Coral Beauty will be thanking you.

7. steph

steph Astrea Snail

I ordered the Zoe and Zoecon from marinedepot.com I hadnt ever heard of the site before, but when I searched for the products, thats what came up. It was fast, albeit a bit pricey but definitely worth it! My CB is still doing well... No reemergence of the spots so far.