What T5 Bulbs are you using to sup. your MHs???

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by EllisJuan, Mar 18, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. EllisJuan

EllisJuan Feather Duster

I have a 65g tank with 2x150w fixture with 14k Phoenix bulbs and added a 2x39w T5HO bulb for suppliment and pop. Should I just run two actinics, or would you recommend a difference combo?

2. Click Here!

3. EllisJuan

EllisJuan Feather Duster

I thought T5 + HQI was a pretty poppular setup. No one wants to share what bulbs they are using?

4. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

Im confused. Didnt you already buy the bulbs? or just the fixture and you need bulb advice? You want a blue look or white look? I would go ATI Blue+ or Blue+ and pure atinic

5. EllisJuan

EllisJuan Feather Duster

Sorry, I guess I did not articulate my situation very well. I started my tank with only a 2x150w HQI fixture with 14k Phoenix bulbs. I decided I wanted to add some pop to my corals colors and be able to do sunrise/sunset effect so I ordered a 2x39 T5 Fixture to use in addition to my HQIs. I ordered the fixture with one 420 actinic and one 460 actinic. One of the bulbs already blew, so I am thinking about just replacing them with some better higher end bulbs. I was looking for suggestions of color combinations and brands that people were happy with. I really want a combo that will add the most pop.

6. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

2 Ati Blue+ or 2 Giessmann Atinic Plus

7. EllisJuan

EllisJuan Feather Duster

I am now running one Haggen 420 actinic and one ATI Blue plus. I am real happy with the color of the tank.

[​IMG]