what should i do if i have no algae problem??

Discussion in 'Algae' started by gfoot2000, Mar 7, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. gfoot2000

gfoot2000 Flamingo Tongue

so my lights are one 10 hrs a day and i get absolutely no algae, i clean the glass maybe around every 2 weeks but even at 2 weeks its only a hint of green on the glass, I'm assuming my nitrate and phosphate is 0. so i don't test for those, water changes is a lazy 5 gallon change for a 60gallon tank. i have a 2 oscellaris, 1 fire fish, 1 chromis, yellow tang, clown tang,

is there anything else i should be checking for?

2. Click Here!

3. Kevin3884

Kevin3884 Tassled File Fish

check for a new home for that clown tang...they get over a foot long and need WAY more than 60G to swim in..sorry if that seems harsh, but i love tangs

4. gfoot2000

gfoot2000 Flamingo Tongue

ya i know, clown tang is nice and small right now, I'm gonna convert my 180fw to sw in 2 years when i grad college

5. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

I don't see what the problem is.
    We don't have any algae either, enjoy it because apparently it's rare (though this is my 4th tank with none). Not having it means you have to supplement feed any cleaning crew you may have purchased.

6. Kevin3884

Kevin3884 Tassled File Fish

1 yr growth on a tang (my orange shoulder)....might be a bit more than u think....

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  7. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

Enjoy it for now,cause you know it's not gonna last.

Algae is just a fact of reefing,and doing the best you can do to prevent it is all you can do.