what salt should I get

Discussion in 'Salt' started by sollie7, Jun 1, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

What salt to get

1. Instant Ocean Reef Crystals

81.0%
  2. D-D H2Ocean Pro

19.0%
  3. Seachem Reef Salt

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Hope I sell some stuff and get Seachem Salinity (like $80.00 on sale around here)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

I use Tropic Marin Pro...if you get what you pay for, you almost can't buy more with this stuff lol.

2. Click Here!

3. Linesider

Linesider Plankton

For your needs stick with IO. I would have said deltecs H2ocean if you were doing stonnies. the price reflects the params in the salt. deltecs has higher lever than most salts, like Cal.mag,alk..

4. sjabsheh

sjabsheh Plankton

Hi , i am using Kent marine salt. I am ok with it since i have had my tank for 2 yrs. Also i have hard and soft corals . Some say crystal salt is better and some say seachem. Please advise on that. Thanks.
    Sjabsheh

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  5. kmart189

kmart189 Plankton

But morton system saver salts are so much cheaper just pour it in til the salinity is correct and there you go it will save your system it is in the name. For real though I used to use IO and switched to coralife to get the calcium up I don't know what I will use after I am sick of low calcium in IO. ps DO NOT USE WATER SOFTENER SALT jk

6. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

I started out with seachem reef salt then was short on cash and bought reef crystals then got a small bag of seachem reef salt again but just bought new seachem salinity and my corals seem to have taken off. I dunno if its because I started adding kalkwasser or what but I do 10g water changes every week in my 110g total volume system.i really like the extra big bucket and the fact that the salt is more concentrated then normal too.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk