What memorable about the 90's?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by banthonyb71, Apr 17, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

We here in Detriot have never won a Superbowl but the 90's is when our very own Barry Sanders wrecked havic on opposing DB's

2. Click Here!

3. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

What Horkn said. The 90's was the period of us pioneering coral keeping in the hobby. Before then, you would NOT find a coral tank anywhere (pretty much). It was all fish stuff before then.

4. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Well there were a lot of advancement made and new technologies developed that made it easier to keep corals for the average hobbiest but I wouldn't say you wouldn't find a 'coral tank' anywhere. The Germans which are pioneers in reef keeping have been successful for longer than I've been alive and what about the people at GARF? LeRoys been successful since the 70's. I know of other hobbiests that have been keeping corals for 40+ years.

5. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Yeah, as a whole, the 90's was the time when average folks could keep reefs. Some pioneers could keep them at earlier points in the century, but those were few and far between.

6. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

yeah but I believe what he is saying is that you couldnt find a reef aquarium anywhere from the average joe. Only the advannced of advance and DIE hard hobbists.

Nowadays newbies can be succesful. (although still extremly diffucult)
    We also have to consider this; When did the first Reef Forums come around? Because they tremendously play apart in the success of the hobby. I know 80% of the knowledge I have gained thus far has come from the forums along side google. Only 10% from the LPS and 10% from trial and error.

7. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

Yeah I remember all those movies & shows, loved the A-Team and Murdock's "Huggie Jacket"

The 90's alternative music was to me a continuation of the 80's alternative so..., but I still like it. The 90's also saw more crossover artists and a temporary increase in the appeal of country music ;D...Garth Brooks (for one) ring a bell???
    As far as technology goes, I see it as the decade when improvements seemed to accelerate. From tape to CD to Mp3s.....Beta/VHS to laser disks then DVDs....floppy disks to CDs to DVDs for computers too. Demand for personal computers took off and computing power grew immensely...is the age of the internet for the masses.

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I had a good salary in the 1990's. :p
    And I was in college in the early 90's so it was quite memorable to me!
    Good times.

10. poolkeeper1

poolkeeper1 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

How's this, The 30Th anniversary of the 60's Is about the best thing I can think of! LOL
    Bill

11. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

:laugh5:

12. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

I know many people that can't remember much about the 60's because of the substances they took at that time.:cheesy: