What memorable about the 90's?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by banthonyb71, Apr 17, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. fish-aholic 94

fish-aholic 94 Gigas Clam

same here ;)

2. Click Here!

3. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Oh yeah, Chris Farley was much funnier on SNL than Will Ferrell.

My Lab in my avatar was named Farley, because he was born the same month that Chris Farley died. It's been 12 years now.

I don't need to google Richard Prior or Chevy Chase. I lived at that time, saw their shows and re watched them several times, and never thought either were that funny for the most part. Chevy Chase much more so than prior, because of the vacation movies. Funny is time insensitive. Belushi, rudner, prior, all those were not funny. Now Blazing Saddles was funny 100%, and that was from the 70's (75 to be exact).

I highly doubt those people you mentioned were more successful as a whole than the crew I have listed. it is easier now, especially since there are a lot more people in the world, and everything costs more so comparing gross $$ sales is not quite fair. Otherwise you have to judge your idea of funny, versus someone else's. That's a nearly impossible thing to do.

4. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

Richard Prior not funny? All I can say is "WoW"

Hey and you cant fully count Dana Carvey and Mike Myers on ur list. they both started in the 80's. lol

5. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Nope, Richard Prior was not funny to me.

Sure, they started in to 80's, but had most of their career in the 90's. They definitely are not the 70's cast of SNL that I hear so many gush over.

So, what's your take on Blazing Saddles?

6. RustyShakleford

RustyShakleford Feather Duster

i know this wasnt in the 90's but i loved Animal House with John Belushi

7. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

Two Stanley Cups for Pittsburgh. :-D

8. Click Here!

9. Zimmy71

Zimmy71 Bristle Worm

TGIF on ABC: Step by Step, Family Matters, Boy Meets World, and Full House. Also Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Married with Children and my all time favorite Home Improvement. Ohhhh I almost forget Baywatch with my girl Pam Anderson (poster still remains on my wall in my room at my parents house). For me the music was Tupac and Biggie (Westcoast vs. East) and grunge.

10. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

Two for the Red Wings Too!!!!!

11. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

Never really watched blazing saddles. I was only a toddler in the 70's. Only thing I remember is The First "Rocky", Star Wars, The first Superman (at the theater) woo whoo). I watched Knight Ryder,Happy Days,Good Times,Mork and Mindy and othersitcoms. (I watched 3 stooges and benny hill but that was just reruns from decades b4)

Richard Prior was funny. PERiOD end of story) and led the way for most black comics (including Murpy and Chris Rock). He also had dozens of good movies. Bustin Loose,The toy,hear no evil, see no evil just to name a few....but I think you really didnt watch Prior back in the day is all it is. all opinion though. The A-Team was my gig.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  12. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

You really need to watch Blazing Saddles.
    I still say Richard Prior wasn't funny. I am not the only one that will say that either. Red Fox blazed the path for black comedians more so than Prior. I watched all those Prior movies, plus many more forgettable ones of his. It was more lame humor than anything to me. I was born in 1975 fwiw.

The A team was awesome, and there is an A team movie coming out soon.

Back to great things of the 90's, We have the Green Bay Packers winning the superbowl in Jan of 97. And reef related, the 90's is when reefers really got this hobby figured out.