What memorable about the 90's?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by banthonyb71, Apr 17, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

What? are you kidding me? alot of good comics came out of SNL in the 90's but it was still "OWNED" by the last 70's and 80's!! Dan Aykroyd,Chevy Chase,Eddie Murpy,Bill Murray, John and James Belushi,Steve Martin,Billy Crystal,Richard Prior,John Candy,Martin Short, Robert Downey Jr. Dennis Miller,Dana Carvey,Mike Myers. (thats just the ones I can think of) I mean they 70's and 80's paved the way for JIm carrey and Will ferrell.

2. Click Here!

3. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

I didn't say that the 90's was THE best. I said it will never in the future be as good as it was then. Seeing as we are talking about the 90's..

4. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

Understood. Just being Devils Advicate. lol

5. slocal

slocal Doot!

We're saying what was good in the 90's, not comparing it to other decades. All I said was sketch comedy was still decent, not that it was the best. Dont forget that SNL must praise the sketch comedy before them. SNL was far from revolutionary.

*cough* Monty Python *cough* ;D

Hrm another thing that was great in the 90's was movie merchandising. I can't even remember how many Jurrasic Park toys I had and T2 Terminator Meltdowns I ate as a kid

6. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

I personally think the Belushi era of SNL was way over rated. The 90's were better for cast than they were in the 70's. Bill Murray is the only funny guy of all of those early day SNL cast members. Eddie Murphy was easily his funniest on SNL, but I wouldn't say he was ever great. His certainly went downhill in the 90s and now he is not even close to remotely funny.

Chris Rock, Mike Myers, Dana Carvey, Horatio Sans, Will Ferrell are all funny.

I really like a lot of SNL's new skits. Some are bombs like SNL has always been hit or miss, but they are far funnier now than 90% of the 70's and early 80's SNL was.

7. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

i was a little kid :) turned 1 year old in 1990 ohhh and Walt Disney had the best movies i loved all the Disney movies. lol that's all i remember about the 90s that and playing with barbies and horses

8. Click Here!

9. bama

bama Humpback Whale

Saved By the Bell..

10. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

I believe in the 90s the artist formerly known as Prince was in fact known as Prince

Steve

11. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Steve's cracking me up in this thread :lol:

Disney movies (the classics) were all churned out around the 90's. That's a huge thing, IMO.

The 90's was the last good cartoon era IMO...after that they were garbage. They still are garbage.

12. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

I couldnt disagree more. The 90's cast was only funnier to you because it was fresher in your memory bank (and oviously like everything else comedy evolves)

I believe Chris Farley was funnier on SNL than Will ferrel

Google Richard Prior and Chevy Chase. The (racist skit) Classic. Mike Myers and Dana Carvey also both started in the 90's Eddy Murpy was hilarious!!

All the comics I named where more sucessful as a whole than the comics that you named in the 90's SNL cast.

I guess it depends if your old school or new school guy. both where good though. lol