What king of coral is this?

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by chetrod, Mar 23, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

[quote author=chetrod link=board=Coral;num=1111587087;start=0#9 date=03/24/05 at 23:16:54]anyone have a pic of aptasia? and are they bad for the tank.[/quote]

Yes. They multiply like crazy.
    Click the link in my previous post. ;)

2. Click Here!

3. chetrod

chetrod Peppermint Shrimp

They are all on one rock can I just scrape them off they are real tiny at this point but I did count a total of five of the same species in there.

4. pdlman

pdlman Astrea Snail

If you scrape them off they will come back! I have taken a blow torch to a rock that had alot of them and they came back-no kidding! Get some joes juice or a peppermint shrimp will keep them in check

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Yeah, scraping doesn't work. But I've chipped off parts of rock that had them (done this out of the tank) and that seems to work.

6. chetrod

chetrod Peppermint Shrimp

Pdlman I can't believe the torch didn't do it. [smiley=devil.gif], them things sure are tough. Matt I checked out that site some interesting stuff. I might wait until they get just a little bigger, just to make sure they are aiptasia. I would hate to kill something that is good I will try and get better pictures to see what they really are.