What kind of veggies for my True Percula

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by Hello Katie, Jun 27, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Hello Katie

Hello Katie Fire Worm

I know my Clown fish needs some veggies in his diet but I wasn't sure if there was anything specific I should get. I've had him for 3 days now and he's been eating the Spectrum pellets great. I've seen those green sheets of... something in the tanks at the LFS clipped to the side and I've also heard of lettuce and broccoli but wasn't sure if that would be ok for him. Thanks in advance for the help :)

2. Click Here!

3. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

They usually will eat just about anything. Mine will take frozen spirulina and veggie mix as well as the dried seaweed sheets. They have never touched the broccoli.

4. Hello Katie

Hello Katie Fire Worm

Thanks Jason. What's frozen spirulina...and veggie mix? And I guess those green sheets I see in the tanks at the store are seaweed so I know I can get those there.

5. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Spirulina is a type of seaweed. The kind I have is a spirulina/brine mix. The veggie mix I have is H20 Fish and Reef #2, and they nibble on that as well. I do know that at least mine will not touch ANYTHING with a "gel binder" (actually none of my fish will). Don't know if yours would but I thought I would throw that out. You can also get flakes that are a veggie mix, though mine aren't big flake fans.

6. Hello Katie

Hello Katie Fire Worm

Thanks for the help, I'll see what I can find tonight.

And by the way I just spent almost 2 hours looking through your thread! Evil. And I'm so jealous of your amazing tank.