What kind of starfish is this?

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by RemickJ, Dec 29, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

IMHO asterina stars are NOT reef safe, allways try and pull them out when you see them just to be safe. I was raising some tunicates that came in some LR from a LFS when i had noticed a wierd outbreak of these guys. A couple days later my tunicate colony was gone along with some really small kenya frags in the ame area...

2. Click Here!

3. getinpora

getinpora Coral Banded Shrimp

ive had them for years never had a problem with them and my corals. i all ways watch close i even use a magnifying glass. i love checking of the micro stuff

4. SeanS

SeanS Astrea Snail

If you have a big colony get some bongo shrimp. They look pretty cool and I think they prey on these things. You want a conversation piece, have them attack the stars while people are watching.

5. LCP136

LCP136 Sailfin Tang

Keep them I say. Unless you see them consistently on coral they are good. Even if you see one on coral, don't throw it out immediately. It may just have wandered onto the coral and it could just be eating algae off the coral. Only get rid of it if its consistently on there.