What is wrong with my Frogspawn!?

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Birdlady, Nov 30, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. rayjay

rayjay Gigas Clam

My methods may not seem to be standard, but I would frag the piece as already mentioned.
    After fragging, put the damaged piece in a pail or container of tank water and use a turkey baster or spare power head to blow off the decayed flesh (definitely not in the tank). Then place the damaged pieces in a treatment tank and treat it with Maracyn and Maracyn II.
    If you don't have these treatments available use the best antibiotic you have available that handles gram negative as well as gram positive bacteria.
    It would also be best to have a moderate flow directed at the piece.
    If the errosion of flesh stops, you will need normal lighting again to help the recovery.

2. Click Here!

3. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Thanks! Overnite, the second branch seems to have completely recovered, while the other has nearly died....

What tool do I use to frag such a thick piece? It's about half an inch thick...?

4. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

I use a pair of heavy Duty wire cutters. Actually it a crimper. But I've seen pliers used.

5. rayjay

rayjay Gigas Clam

Dremel tool or a hacksaw with a tile cutting blade in it.

6. beamer

beamer Sea Dragon

I don't know if this is good practice or not BL but I have taken mine and easily split the heads apart. Like a chicken's wish bone. Seemed to do fine. Or at a frag shop they gave us wire clippers to use.

Cindy