Unresolved WHAT IS THIS?? Polyp i'm guessing?

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by cruzanterra, Jul 31, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Alex is right.

Majano. They are bad because they pack potent stinging cells and will kill coral with them in competition for space. They are invasive and will take your tank over quickly.

2. Click Here!

3. Camkha1234

Camkha1234 Great Blue Whale

Filefish eat them. They also have the Majano wand.

4. cruzanterra

cruzanterra Plankton

Thanks everyone. 8)I will look into controlling them and keep a close eye on them.

5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Nuke them and kill them now, trust me on that one!!

6. N8thanExpl0sion

N8thanExpl0sion Astrea Snail

The bad thing about them is that they multiply and they have a very bad sting to other coral. So for now they look nice but once you have say 20 or 50 and all the coral you spent money on start dying they tend to not look so nice.

There are solutions that you can inject them with, you could get a pepermint shrimp or 2... Often these shrimp will eat these..

Pulling them off does not really work as there will be parts left and there is all that is needed for them to grow back. Also if they feel they are under attack they will spawn more which you will not see till later.

There are 10000000000s of articles on this form that teach you how to handle these. Do a quick search.

Good luck