What is this???? HELP

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by catz, Jan 18, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. catz

catz Fire Shrimp

I just got home from visiting my grandson and I knew I was going to need to do maintance on my tank, but when I walked in and saw this green thing, I am freeking out. I have my water ready to change but need to know what to do with this... How do I remove it..

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

almost looks like bubble algae

4. catz

catz Fire Shrimp

thats what I think too, but what do I do with it. I need to do a water change, but I don't want to disturb this stuff.

5. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Alomst? It is. Make sure that you dont pop it or it will spread. Are you able to remove the PH?

luna

6. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

just pull it out and throw it away, just be careful not to pop it.

7. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

and youll probably have more than just that one in your tank, some are big some are small,i had some mainly on my sandbed and a couple on my rocks, so i got an emerald crab and he took care of most of it, now its all gone

8. Click Here!

9. colodan

colodan Fire Shrimp

That is bubble algae. you dont want to pop it in the DT as it will send out spores and spread. I would take out the power head and then remove the algae from it, rinse the power head off with some tap water, then with some of the salt water from your water change. that is the algae that emerald crabs are supposed to eat.

10. catz

catz Fire Shrimp

Thanks guys. here I go fishing for bubbles. I will have to get a couple of emerald crabs then to make sure I am not having a problem with this stuff. I have neglected my tank ever since my grandson was born, I knew I would have to do some major adjusting to the tank, but I sure didn't expect to come home to green bubbles.

11. that fish guy

that fish guy Flamingo Tongue

An emerald crab will eat that in a matter of seconds or while ur doin the water change u could suck it off

12. colodan

colodan Fire Shrimp

Watch the emeralds, they are hit and miss, some do what you want/need them to do, others will eat xenia, zoes and such.