Resolved What is this creature on my glass?

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by GjB, Jan 20, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

I'd like to see some data on that.

2. Click Here!

3. fishyfinder

fishyfinder Teardrop Maxima Clam

Yup it's a Berghia nudibranch. I have about ten in my tank now. They are awesome little creatures, but they feed only on Aipastia. If you see it during the day that means it is hungry or starving looking for food. They are colony feeders and breeders. One doesn't do much. If you don't have small aipastia, he will most likely die. They have beautiful colors, once full of aipastia. They are safe for reef tanks. Hope this helps.

4. GjB

GjB Skunk Shrimp

If this is true, I regret removing it. Yes they do have beautiful colors when they grow.

5. pagojoe

pagojoe Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

6. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

unfortunatelyy that isn't a berghia and even if it was they are specialized eaters, meaning once they eat every food source they will die, so thats for whoever said they cruise around.

now you could turn this into a cool project, by finding out what it eats, then keeping it in a nano providing the food source.

im sure someones gonna say thats stupid but how many people could say they have a nudi only tank?