Resolved What is this creature on my glass?

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by GjB, Jan 20, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Yeah you want to get rid of the nudibranchs unfortunately. They usually look like what they eat. Specialized eaters, some eat xenia, some leathers, montipora, zoanthids. Neat but most like a coral or sponge eater.

2. Click Here!

3. GjB

GjB Skunk Shrimp

Of course, I can't find it now

4. pagojoe

pagojoe Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Yeah, you'll want to remove it. Most of the aeolid nudi's that aquarists find are eating one of their soft corals or another. If you found one, there's a good chance you have more. The sponge eaters are mostly dorids, which yours isn't. Cheers,

Don

5. GjB

GjB Skunk Shrimp

Yeah I was reading how quickly they reproduce in tanks....I REALLY hope I see the one I saw so I can eradicate at least the one I know is there. Time for a camp out.

6. project1

project1 Spaghetti Worm

check in the mornings thats when i saw the one i took out of my tank.. some are good but more then likely its a coral eater.

7. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

i would not remove it, it is a aptasia eating berghia nudibranch, most people have to buy these to rid their tanks of aptasia, then once the aptasia are gone they just scavenge like other inverts, they are quite helpful and are quite costly as well at about 15 bucks each.

8. Click Here!

9. swinkreptiles

swinkreptiles Melanarus Wrasse

Most likely its not a Berghia, aptasia eater. It looks like a Aeolid species, I found 4 of these in my tank about 2 months after cycle. All of these species have multiple appendages on each side. If you keep it in your tank keep very good tabs on its wherabouts. Aeolids are almost always coral or sponge eaters.
    When you turn your lights out just keep an eye out on your corals. You should find him eventually. IMO, I would get it out asap.

Edit: Heres a link....http://images.search.yahoo.com/sear...&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF8&p=aeolid nudibranch

10. Newreef15

Newreef15 Horrid Stonefish

11. GjB

GjB Skunk Shrimp

12. GjB

GjB Skunk Shrimp

I wouldn't keep it around to possibly eat aiptasia because I had 4 peppermint shrimp in the past that nnever touched my aptasia. I had to buy aiptasia x and that works wonders. Plus I got a free syringe for target feeding from Red Sea.