What is the worst thing your lfs has done?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by fish-aholic 94, Dec 31, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. fish-aholic 94

fish-aholic 94 Gigas Clam

2. Click Here!

3. greysoul

greysoul Stylophora

My LFS (the brick and mortar building, not the people owning/running it) murdered a family of five and cut their bodies into small piece and burried them in the desert. It was all over the news, the courts didn't know how they'd bring a building int a court room so they dismissed all charges.

A week later the locksmith shop next door OD'd on ketamine and the rug store set fire to a car in the parking lot.

I don't know what's getting into these business these days.

FWIW, the people who run my LFS are all stand up dudes (and one lady) it's just they occupy this possessed building

4. devlzluv

devlzluv Ritteri Anemone

well my lfs around here are pretty cool with the exception of 1, they sell hippos for around 100 bucks, lol there food is ungodly expensive. But 1 bad store for 5 great ones and then awesome local members. I cant complain cuz it could be alot worse.

5. fish-aholic 94

6. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

I mine as well contribute my experiences on this subject. I have several "lfs" including "That Pet Place" which is awesome. However, I have one lfs that just isn't that good. I walked in the other day wanting to buy a filter bag and over heard the owners talking about how it's a recession and how they need to sell the fish no matter what. I don't really blame them, but compared to my other lfs, they got nothing. Most of the fish don't have enough flow and are very lethargic. I've heard them talking about how they need to sell fish even though they are sick or not fit for sale. They just don't have a great selection of livestock or dry goods. They are very expensive and just don't seem to know how to keep a successful store. They had some nice CB angels but I didn't want to buy from them b/c I don't think their livestock is that good. I'd rather drive 40 miles and get healthy livestock then buy something that will die or not be healthy in my tank.

7. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

corals are expensive at one of the lfs i spent $135 on an acro and montipora at one but the other lfs is good i got a torch coral for $20 but the other one has more of a variety

8. Click Here!

9. bama

bama Humpback Whale

made me wait 2 weeks to get my fish. It had two small white specks on it and they made me wait to pick it up 2 weeks later to make sure it was healthy.. what jerks..

just kidding.. I cant think of something nicer.. I love my LFS.. They gave me some free nori last time I was there.. Aquarium Imports in Birmingham AL is the best

10. veedubshafer

veedubshafer Banned

I've been wantingto get down there and check that place out. My LFS is awesome though!

11. Hevgotdat4u

Hevgotdat4u Fire Worm

I ordered some things that took 2 months to get instead of the two weeks I was told and then another employee sold them before i picked them up.

12. fish-aholic 94