What is the best Reef Magazine?

Discussion in 'Books & Magazines' started by DaDaAtlanta, Nov 15, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ibefishy

ibefishy Montipora Capricornis

The only drawback with Coral is that it is published every two months. As soon as I get my copy I read it thru and then have to wait another two months for the next one. I generally end up reading most of it 2 or 3 times. The next issues delivery is getting closer :trampolin

2. Click Here!

3. Caroline

Caroline Plankton

Well I would like to recommend “Reef Hobbyist Magazine”, because I used to go through with it regularly. The magazine often keeps updating what is happening around the reef world.

4. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

True, luckily, there is so much information, the back issues alone could keep you occupied for several years or more... Same with Advanced Aquarist, although I'm not sure what's happened with the back issues, lately the images aren't showing up for me in html, but I think you can download the issues as pdf.

5. kv2wr1

kv2wr1 Astrea Snail

Coral is a good one otherwise Reeflife is another good one.

6. ed4

ed4 Plankton

Coral magazine is worth the subscripion price, and supplement this mag with Reef Hobbyist Mag.

7. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

8. Click Here!

9. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

I keep debating a coral subscription, can someone post some issue details, like the # of pages, and % of articles, number of equipment reviews vs % of adds. I cancelled my subscription to muscular development (my other hobby) after 4 months of the table of contents being on page 30 somethign cause of all the meaningless & repeat adds. just felt I was buying monthly commercials & not enough information.

10. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Coral magazine is very nice. I keep back copies in case I want to refer back to an article one day. Like all magazines, there's plenty of advertising. (Heck, no one could afford a subscription to ANY magazine if the advertisers weren't covering the publishing costs for us). However, there's stunning photography on glossy paper and very well written articles.

You are also not going to experience the same thing as you do with your fitness magazine. I mean, there's only a certain number of ways that you can work out your deltoids. The authors of the magazine have millions of different things they can write articles about.

11. MeBetterThanYou

MeBetterThanYou Plankton

CORAL is best magazine which I read ever.

12. BigReefin

BigReefin Astrea Snail

coral is a very good read for sure. each one goes into great depth of a particular reef subject. up to date topics, great pics and quality print. love it!!