What is my new clown fish doing?! HELP!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Charlotte06au, Nov 21, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

I honestly didn't mean any offense when I said I hoped this wasn't a prank.
    We have had several fake posts lately where people post things just to get an uproar.

I hope the clowns are doing better. I agree with the above in that a 29gal would be perfect for them. I couldn't imagine how big the tank was you had before the 5 1/2 gal! That's way way too small.
    An update would be great.

2. Click Here!

3. davidkaleko

davidkaleko Flamingo Tongue

Sounds to me like your tank is indeed too small... I wouldn't put more than one clown in there. I recommend getting a 29g... that's what I have. I've got a decent protein skimmer, carbon filter pad, some powerheads, and two 65W lights in my 29 and I've been successfully keeping two clowns, a scooter blenny (benny the blenny, lol), and a clown fairy wrasse, along with several coral frags that are growing fast. 29g is a good size because it can fit in most small rooms without dominating everything, like a 55g+ might.

I hope all of your fish get better... I've been in your position, just spend 5-10x as much time researching as you spend actually altering/working on your tank!