What is happening to my Frogspawn?

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by Powerman, Nov 21, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

Honestly I don't know. My Ca/Alk is good and I dose with Seachem. It has Mag and Strontium in proper proportions, but I don't test Mg.

As far as my Ca/Alk it is not hard to maintain. I don't have to dose that much. I do frequent WCs, so I can't imagine being very deficient in anything. Especially macros.

My other stuff is all happy. The Galaxy is doing good, and my Shrooms are reproducing. Polyps growing like crazy.

2. Click Here!

3. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

I bought a small Frog frag from the same store, but not from the same parent. As soon as I put it in my tank it started to die. It sort of was a 3 lobe frag. A new head was just starting to split, and the parent head looked like it was going to split. The larger head shriveled up and began falling off. Most of it died, but the smaller head lived. Then part of what was flaping around seemed to replant itself and now seems to be growing. Don't know what that is about.

Is my SG too high at 1.025. It was at 1.024 and I bumped it up, but I did it very slowly. The FS was in while I did it. It looked very happy and healthy for a week or so.

4. fishoholic

fishoholic Purple Spiny Lobster

The SG is not to high, I have a FS and my SG is at .0265. Maybe it did'nt like the raise in SG, Good luck finding the cause.

5. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

Well, the other heads look bad now too. I guess I'll just watch it die.

The only thing I was wondering was if my light are too strong. It is about mid tank right under a MH. It's just a 150. The LFS said it was no problem putting it there.

:ohwe: