what is basically relation between calcium,magnesium,ph,alkaline and iodine?

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by nybatu, May 22, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. nybatu

nybatu Bristle Worm

yes every day little pallet and flake food and three times a week brine shrimp i have 3 fish with my new fish which i got today coral beauty.

2. Click Here!

3. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

They have no clue Curt.....:-/ I call him OB1, he is the Jedi Master! ;D His ways may be old school as they call it but they sure do work just like he says they do. ;)

4. Airborneguy

Airborneguy Flamingo Tongue

Tangster's advice has helped me bigtime.

5. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Ain't nothing wrong with old school. I threw a laundry bag of wet "Nitrate Factories" from my QT warehouse into the sump of a competitor to help him save one of his shipments. All he bought me was a Big Mac. Wasn't quite a fair trade....but it did what I wanted it to do.....saved the shipment. I still intend to out-compete him, but there's a time for business and there's a time to do the right thing.

6. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Says you. Big Mac's are DELICIOUS! :D

7. MorayEel

MorayEel Plankton

I'm with inwall, a BigMac doesn't quite compensate. I've had some trouble with my pH before, but managed to get it down pat after some help from a few guys who really knew what they were doin. Many thanks to all the good advice on here.

8. Click Here!

9. KnensuRa

KnensuRa Astrea Snail

So I question everyone. I have been reading through everyones post about ph,kh, big mac's ummmm big mac's. I just got done testing and my PH was at 8.2 but my KH was only at 7. Shouldn't my kh be higher then that? My Calcium was 380 and i'm sorry to say I don't have a mag test as of yet. Everything in this post I think states my kh should be higher unless I still don't understand somthing. Im I making any sense?

10. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Whats the total dissolved O2 and maybe CO'2 is suppressing your P.H ? Take a glass full and add a air stone and set it out side even water temp will influence PH. Like I said Ph means little to nothing what time of day are you testing it are you using a liquid test kit with a color chart ? hell if thats the case you really don't know what the ph is.. The DKH is what you should and need to worry about . ph in the early am may be 8.00 even to 7.8 at lights out the same water could be 8.1 to 8.5 ?