what is basically relation between calcium,magnesium,ph,alkaline and iodine?

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by nybatu, May 22, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Zectra

Zectra Feather Duster

Hmm. Someone here has an astounding amount of self-worth.. O.O

::)
    Since when does everyone think that 'their way is always the right way'.

Both of you have VERY different views on things, Tangster is a little bit more oldschool I feel and possible not quite up to date. Please don't take any offense.

Not all of the information is valid i've been finding >.>

2. Click Here!

3. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

In this hobby, opinions are like arseholes, everybody has one and its usually different.

You have to find what works for you. You may go through a crash or two, hopefully you will learn from your mistakes. I havent killed many fish in my time, but Ive seen a lot of corals die, some where my fault, some were equipment shorting out and frying a tank with 300+ frags.

You live and learn.

4. Zectra

Zectra Feather Duster

Yeah. I really have only been into reefing for say, 5 years. I have not once had a problem I could not solve MYSELF.

If I came across a problem, I would just use my little ol' head here and think about it for a sec. Boom. Go and get up off my lazy azz and fix the dang problem.

I've lost ONE fish due to ignorance. I had a Mandarin Gobi for 3 months, it died because my tank wasn't mature enough to sustain food for him.

I absolutely love reefing though, it's one thing that keeps me from going insane >.>

It's so easy if you just put a little bit of dang hard work and learning into it, you can never go wrong.

Zectra for president! Peace out!

Ba-Baaam!

1 person likes this.
  5. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

I totally agree! If most of these people would learn how to use google (google is your friend) or even the search feature on this site they could easily solve most of their problems. If you pay attention, and been on this board long enough, you will see the same topics started all over again about every 3-4 weeks, sometimes twice in the same week.

Knowledge is power, and in some cases online forums are not the place to find it. Ive seen so many newbs with less then 1 yr experience giving advice to people when they dont have a clue whats going or people guessing at ID's when they dont know. If you dont know, dont answer. The person looking for an ID is looking for HELP, not guess's, educated guess's are ok, Im wrong on occasion, but Im REALLY close. As with some other reefers who have been doing this while, Ive forgotten more then what most people think they know.

6. nybatu

nybatu Bristle Worm

thanks all you guys that was helpful so basically when i add calcium which i am doing it since yesterday i have to watch out my ph so along with calcium i can use reef buffer 8.3 also i put little (5 ml) purple up these days. i don't know where is my magnesium number is. test was $34.00 i didn't buy yet. kh was 8dkh yesterday.

7. Zectra

Zectra Feather Duster

Sounds great!

Happy reefing brotha.

8. Click Here!

9. Seppish

Seppish Fire Worm

Yeah holy crap...... I'm glad someone helped you. I feel like I just walked out of a bar fight

10. nybatu

nybatu Bristle Worm

hey guys my calcium level is slowly increasing today it was 360 so ph 8.3 and dkh 10 also why my nitrate goes little up? around 10-12 ppm is it related to doses?

11. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Nitrates are the end result of the Nitrogen cycle. Ammonia->Nitrite->Nitrate. They are not dependent upon nor related to Calcium, Magnesium, or Iodine.

12. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Amen, No3 is organic, which is the last stop of uneaten food. Are you feeding to much? Luna