What is all over my LiveRock? (UPDATE)

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by netspawn, Jun 30, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. wasitgreen

wasitgreen Feather Duster

Nudis stand for nudibranches, they are basically sea slugs. I don't know what's on the rock, but doesn't look like them to me.

2. Click Here!

3. Ron P

Ron P Astrea Snail

I've never seen anything like them. Could they be some sort of egg maybe?

4. netspawn

netspawn Astrea Snail

Are the Pictures good enough to see? I mean this is a real pain to me and I want it gone.

5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

I do see what I believe your talking about, honestly I really do not know. Do they move? Can you remove some and put them in a container with a contrasting back round.

I am including this link, but I am really curious to see what they maybe. Look through the link and maybe you might see it. Without a better image or a macro shot, I would just be guessing.

Live Rock Hitch Hikers

I would also edit your title, so everyone is not trying to ID an algae. Member pagojoe may have an idea with a better images as well.

6. Corailline

For those looking I believe he/she is referring to what appears in the second image in the right hand corner area, it takes up about 1/4 of the image and you can see several.

7. chumslickjon

chumslickjon Purple Spiny Lobster

The bright red stuff? I would be willing to bet it doesnt scrape off very easily and isn't CYANO. I've had something that looks just like it for a very long time. It's not cyano, trust me because I also have cyano too.

8. Click Here!

9. chumslickjon

chumslickjon Purple Spiny Lobster

I'm also interested to find out what those fuzzy things are next to the bright red stuff.

10. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

The fuzzy things have the shape of a flatworm, but I can't say with certainty that they are such.

11. unclejed

unclejed Whip-Lash Squid

There are many colors of Coraline algae. It looks like that to me. If it doesn't scrape off, it is Coraline.

12. Corailline

He is not talking about the red algae!

I agree evolved it looks like a type of flatworm, but the coloration and the lifting of part of the body is what is throwing me off. A lot of different kinds of FW.