what is a good brand name for nanos?

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by footballdude2k3, Apr 17, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

I had a jbj 12 gallon nano dx. It was drilled with a 10 gallon sump... It had 24 x 2 pc's.. I would get another one again.. The lights over my 5.5 gal our modded from my nano cube... I had great luck with the tank, but had to keep an eye on temperature.....

2. Click Here!

3. footballdude2k3

footballdude2k3 Bristle Worm

was the temp too hot or cold?

4. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

A 20 gallon tank with a stand that can accomodate a 10 gall sump will take up no more space than the bio cube. My lfs drills tanks for 20 bux a hole, ask around if u cant or dont wanna do it yourself. Ive had 2 nano cubes, both different brands....wont buy another one.

5. footballdude2k3

ok so say that i was gonna get a 20 gal with a 10 sump then, what brand should i look for? i dont want to have a problem with cracking

6. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Very, very rare occurance with most well known brands. :-/

Unless damaged somehow in shipment or setup, can't even imagine it happening. 8)

7. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

Just buy all-glass aquarium brands. A 10 gallon and a 20 will cost u maybe 40-50 bux. As far as a sump goes just get 3 glass pieces cut 1/8 of inch thick to make an over under over baffle system to eliminate bubbles. I just made my first sump a month ago for my 90 not to mention first time plumbing and everything is working perfect. U could make a very beautiful much healthier tank by piecing it together yerself. As for a skimmer id get a aqua c urchin, return pump maybe a mag 5...using a mag 5 plumbed into 2 or 3 returns would most likely eliminate the need for internal circulation pumps also....more money saved. Possibilites are endless compared to a pre made nano tank.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. footballdude2k3

reefs, thanks, karma, im sry but is there somewhere online that i could read about that because i see the words but because i have never been involved with a tank i dont know what it means.....i really appreciate all the help guys:)

10. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

Hit me with a private message and ill try to gather and send as much info as i can to u on how to set it up and guide u along.

11. footballdude2k3

do you guys just go to lfs for a tank? or is there some place else that you get them for cheap?

12. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

For just a simple all glass tank?? Smaller sizes I hate to say it but petco or petsmart are usually the best deals, you can get them online but you get raped on the shipping charges