what is a good brand name for nanos?

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by footballdude2k3, Apr 17, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. footballdude2k3

footballdude2k3 Bristle Worm

i have heard that there have been issues of nanos cracking and i was wondering what a good brand is? i do not want something that is overpriced but something that is worth getting?

2. Click Here!

3. mandarin11

mandarin11 Peppermint Shrimp

While I don't personally have one, I've heard good things about the Oceanic biocubes and bad things about the JBJ cubes. Hope that helps.:)

1 person likes this.
  4. footballdude2k3

yea i was looking that the jbj cubes and then i started hearing bad things, just wanted to know if i would get the same info without bringing up the brand, thanks, karma

5. footballdude2k3

ok looking at the oceanic, they have the 14 and the 29 gal, what is the difference in maintainence cost between roughly?

6. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

I suppose you get what you pay for.

I happen to really like my 12 gal. jbl. First, price was right, $89 on sale at DFS...

Knew lighting was weak, but have worked out just fine for what I wanted to keep in it.

Weak stock pump...but cheap to upgrade...Maxi-jet 900, around $15.00.

Added airstone in rear chamber, heater, and temp guage...and I have a great little system that is doing way more then I would have thought possible. :-/

7. mandarin11

mandarin11 Peppermint Shrimp

Maintenance cost between the two? Not much. Obviously the initial setup would be more for the bigger tank but after that then there wouldn't be much difference. Keep in mind that the bigger tank will cost much more especially when it comes to the lighting. Honestly, if you want a real nano then I'd go for the 14. 29 always seemed a little big for it to be called a nano IMO. It just seems like a small tank (yes I know that a nano is just a small tank, but hopefully you know what I mean)

The water chem will swing easier in a 14 though. Just food for thought.:)

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. andybethke

andybethke Flamingo Tongue

i have a current aquapod 24 gal. i like it but the stock pump is weak andthe lighting is also weak. i had about $400 invested with the initial cost of the tank LR and LS. after i bought mine i heard bad things about the fans going out. but i have yet to have any major problems with mine... hope this helps...

1 person likes this.
  10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

11. footballdude2k3

ok from the sound of it im liking the 24 right now, but just curious, how much does it cost ballpark to maintain everything during the course of a month?

12. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

we have a Bio cube its O.K lighting system suck's ..

1 person likes this.