What Hermit Crab Is This?

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by swagger87, Sep 26, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

I have for Damsels, but the LFS said they're reef safe. Would they eat it? I feed them pretty well.
    EW! Spiders! Thats gross.
    I didnt buy the polyps, i found them in the tank that i bought. They were buried in the sand. They were without water for 2 days. I wasnt going to sweat it if they didnt make it, because i knew it wouldnt be my fault. But now im just concerned if somethings eating it because i want to eventually get my own frags.

2. Click Here!

3. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

lol by that logic nothing is reef safe if it eats anything except algae, technically your right about the crabs though .

4. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

Would it be best for me to get rid of them if i want my own corals then, or would they be alright around healthy corals?

5. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

i think the point was they would kill snails and shrimp if they could catch them. but they don't eat corals.

6. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

Hmmmm....Oh what to do. This wouldnt bother me if they were just dying from me doing something stupid, or because the former owner neglected them. But it is bothering me because i thought i was doing pretty good until something started filling its lunch box with the poor things!

7. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

don't worry about the crabs eating the polyps if "reef safe" name doesn't comfort you, maybe the fact that zoas are very poisoness so i don't think many animals could eat them will

8. Click Here!

9. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

i hate damsels with a passion, i have never had one NOT pick at my stuff. but maybe ive just had bad luck, either way they are cycling fish and should stay that way IMO (sorry, i just really hate those fish, mean little SOB's)

10. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

How would these guys look if the were just plain rotting? Go ahead and be as graphic as you want, i need to know.

11. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

Lol NANO. It's ok, I value everyones opinion. My LFS wont take squat back in exchange for instore credit tho, so i kept them. They seriously would rather lose their customers than give instore credit! My guys are pretty sweet though, they lust like to show off when someone goes to look at the tank.

12. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

i would think there's still hope unless they smell like the ocean around drainage pipes.
    let me balance out nanos statement by saying i have 7 damsels in my tank and they don't eat/pick at my corals, shrimp, or crabs.