What have you done to your set up today?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Todd_Sails, Apr 26, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

I had to order a new needle wheel/rotor for my SCA-303 skimmer. Did my morning routine in the tank, cleaned glass, fed fish and dosed what's needed. It seems weird to have my reef tank running with no skimmer. Happy thanksgiving to you too todd!

2. Click Here!

3. Sataly

Sataly Coral Banded Shrimp

Just ordered a new BRS dual reactor and few other goodies but that's the main thing :) been wanting one for the longest time

4. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Hello?

Today, I siphoned alot of detritus out of my sump and FT, and in doing do,
    did a 50g WC to my system.

I also cleaned one sheet of my ATS. It's kinda decieving how much algae is really on there until you take it off the pipe and scrape it with my plastic scraper!
    Now I'm an Algae farmer! System hasn't looked this low on nuisance algae since I started this tank over a year and a half ago!

DSC reef likes this.
  5. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

Did a nice sized water change (20%) and cleaned off my rocks and did a chemiclean treatment - oh, and finally installed my new T5 bulbs which really made a huge difference (the bulbs were 10 months old - have never gone over 8 mos. in the past) - so, I'm enjoying looking at my tank again! yay!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
    DSC reef and cody3819 like this.
  6. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Doing my weekly 20 gallon WC with coral pro salt. Siphon detritus from the sump and replacing gfo. Still waiting for my new 20k bulbs to come in......

Animals3269 and cody3819 like this.
  7. chum

chum Coral Banded Shrimp

added another nitrate filter to my 125. took it off my 55 gallon that i am in the process of breaking down.

Attached Files:

8. Click Here!

9. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

Added sand, still a bit more to add but am tired of the cloudy water.... not today but added a new MP40 QD...my corks seem to love it, have it on reefcrest@ 50% peak.