What have you done to your set up today?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Todd_Sails, Apr 26, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Wow, I bet he's happy now wayne. Beautiful fish and my wife's favorite.

ReefBruh likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

And he's so friendly. I can pet him only after 1 day in the tank. Most fish hide when I add them to my system but he was out and about likes he's been in there it's whole time.

4. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Yesterday and today, I made the area and the stand for my drilled bottom 40B I've had empty in my basement.
    I made a stand area high enough for it to drain back into my main sump, which is already pretty high up in my basement.
    I knotched out a small area out of the bottom of my basement staits for it to fit.

Then I fired up my old RP- my trusty Marineland 5500.
    I put it in my main sump and also put it going up to my DT- with a 1" ID line to the DT-
    so I increased my DT/sump flow by adding the second pump.
    I also built a PVC pipe off the ML 5500 to bypass some of it to my 40B-
    which will be a dedicated Frag Tank, and get the frag area out of my current 125g sump.

When I fired that system up- currently bypassing some of the flow that will be going to the 4-40back into my sump- my return section rose about 2 inches, and that caused my beastly skimmer to overflow some with the higher water level-
    so I took our a serrated knife and made the slots in the container I use bigger, allowing more flow- problem simply solved.

I plan to post some pics of the this when I get the tank on the stand area and some lights hung and frags in it.- With my work schedule, that may be another week.

5. CBSurfrider

CBSurfrider Millepora

DIY ATO complete! I still have some buttoning up to do as far as hiding the RO/DI container and blending it in with the stand, but it is functional and NO LEAKS..... yet

Attached Files:

Reefbuilder likes this.
  6. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Added some new frags, cleaned out the sump and enjoying the growth in the reef.

7. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Oh dear lord, why do I feel compelled to mix water and electricity, why!!!!!!

Spent 3 hours doing tank maintenance.

Water change, vacuum sand, clean sponges, vacuum out detritus from the back, adjust wave maker, connect ATO. Later this week mix BRS 2 parts, add dosing pumps.

8. Click Here!

9. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

I got a "stick"! It actually has some polyp extension and also got a new GBTA. my LFS had some really nice looking ones, almost had some "bursty" coloring to them. reading through here makes me feel the need to do some cleaning :)

todd, what are you plans for the 40? a frag tank?

10. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Well congrats on the new stick (I would like to see) and the new BTA. Guess I'll cruse by your thread and see if you have any images. PE is good,

11. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

I'll try and get some pics!

12. Anthony Danta

Anthony Danta Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Did a 10 gallon water change, cleaned the glass good, cleaned my skimmer now I am enjoying the view gonna recheck all levels tomorrow and hopefully had a few new pieces of coral by the weekend!