What have you done to your set up today?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Todd_Sails, Apr 26, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dienerman

dienerman Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Currently putting together my plan for the day. I finally finished the coast to coast and installed the bulkheads on the 220 project. Today I will be setting up the stand which is also finished and doing a mock up of the plumbing layout. I hope to also get the floor jacks in place and perhaps get a little electrical work done as well. Trying to kick it in a bit and get the project back on track!

Reefbuilder likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

Those are the easiest cads that I've found.

Sweet, I look forward to watching the thread on your setup. I've been thinking about redoing my sump as it's only a 35g and I need it a bit bigger. My pumps are really tight where they are.

4. Reefbuilder

Reefbuilder Scooter Blennie

Does being at the laundry mat washing 60-7" filter socks make the cut of doing something to the set up? if so add me to the list! it's funny the looks you get. ha ha

mdbostwick likes this.
  5. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

The other day, I added a tiger conch to my DT day and a Kole Tang to my QT. Today i finally got around to finishing my electrical for my sump room. So basically everything for my sump and QT are all on their own GFCI circuit. Then I just sat and stared. This happens everyday.

Reefbuilder likes this.
  6. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

did a major clean and whined about it. It is satisfying to sit back and look at the tank "all cleaned up." :)

Reefbuilder likes this.
  7. Zeus440

Zeus440 Astrea Snail

did some water testing on my 25 gallon cube. ammonia down nitrite spikin

mdbostwick likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. CBSurfrider

CBSurfrider Millepora

Did the OL' 100gal monthly water change yesterday.. One of my LFS that is around the corner from me stepped up and had their main glass window removed in order to get one of their 300gal water totes outside to accommodate my water changes. I load the tote in the back of my truck then park it out back of my house close to a window by my tank and get busy. They also put together a setup to match the valve on the tote along with a new pump. What usually took me over three hours, driving time included, now takes me under a hour.

mdbostwick likes this.
  10. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

CBSURF,

Remind me why you don't have your own RO/DI system my friend?
    It sounds like it would pay for itself in a few months!

11. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Pics! Or..................it didn't happen :D;)

12. CBSurfrider

CBSurfrider Millepora

It's on the list! I need to figure out a way to get 100gal from my garage (where RO/DI would be set up) to the DT on the complete opposite side of my house is my only issue. Either way I plan on a RO/DI unit soon for my top offs at the very least.

I'm off to Lowes to figure out a DIY filter sock holder for my DIY sump. I saw a youtube vid where someone used 4" T's to hold the socks and he cut a verticle slit in the back of the T so it could hang off his tub/sump.

EDIT: I have been cleared to go back to work from my Squamous skin cancer surgery as of tomorrow. My checklist of things I got accomplished last week were all achieved. New/Used protein Skimmer, re arrange and clean sump, took everything out, pumps, UV, and put back to accommodate my R2D2 sized skimmer. Messed with my drain lines to get them quiet again.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015