?? What happened to my blenny ??

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by megs, Jan 28, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. megs

megs Plankton

So I left for work last night and everyone is doing just fine and dandy. Specifically, my yellow happy go lucky midas blenny is doing his happy go lucky midas blenny thing.

I come home 13 hours later...he is not yellow but blue/black/green and laying on his side breathing heavy! So sad!! I've only had him for 6 days! Everyone else...2 damsels, false percula, scooter blenny, golden head sleeper goby behaving as normal.

All corals, snails, crabs, shrimp accounted for and behaving normally. Midas got fed his brine shrimp every day.

Water changed earlier this week. Tested water...nitrates 1, nitrites 0, pH 8.3, salinity 300.

Is this a case of fish assassination or something else?? I'm so sad to have lost this little guy, he loved to sit on top of the reef and people watch.

Attached Files:

• 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      389 KB
      Views:
  2. Click Here!

3. ontop27

ontop27 Ritteri Anemone

how big is the tank? maybe the damsels are picking on him

4. RustyShakleford

RustyShakleford Feather Duster

what do you mean by salinity 300?

5. megs

megs Plankton

The strips I use to test the water (I know they stink per my LFS, I'm slowly getting each individual test but they're so expensive!) say that I have 300mg/L. The nitrates and pH are the individual nice tests.

It is entirely possible that my domino damsel could have been bullying him. He's sort of bullied the other fish, but has never killed any of them in two months. Does it sound/look like my midas was brutally beaten?

6. ontop27

ontop27 Ritteri Anemone

haha well if your blenny was a human I would say it sure looks bruising. I had a damsel that picked on my firefish so I had to move him to my reef only, and unfortunately that tank didn't have a lid and he jumped :(

7. Yellow Tang

Yellow Tang Bubble Tip Anemone