What Frag mounting product do you use?

Discussion in 'Frags' started by Jason McKenzie, Nov 18, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. GraviT

GraviT Coral Banded Shrimp

I tend to use a cyanocrylate gel made by Loctite (comes in a nice dispenser) to attach frags to bits of LR rubble, then use epoxy to attach them to the rockwork in my tank. I find it interesting that several people have mentioned their skimmer going nuts after using epoxy products, but thats never happened to me. I'll have to see if I can remember what brand epoxy putty I use as I bought it over a year ago.

2. Click Here!

3. AquatechNick

AquatechNick Astrea Snail

I use model rocket glue, Its very viscous super glue, i use reef-cares technique of draining it down and filling it back up.....of course it is only 8 gallons of water though. ;)

4. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Don't look now Nick, but there's a big hairy spider on your shoulder....I said don't look :D

Jason, IC Gel lasts quite a long time after being cracked open. That's one of the major draws to that particular brand. Stuff works great, honestly. I've bought over 40 of them now (still have 15 left :D), our club has bought over 200 now and between the LFS that I've turned onto them, they've collectively gone thru 300 themselves. It works :p

5. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Ok I found a Gel Glue that I have been using now since I started this thread. I'm not sure of the name brand as my LFS buys it in bulk and sells it after repacking it. Sounds Like IC Gel as it has lasted a really long time

Thanks for all the posts and suggestions
    J

6. AquatechNick

AquatechNick Astrea Snail

1 person likes this.
  7. rickzter

rickzter Torch Coral

zap gel works good. but you must glue outside of the water because as soon as the water mixes with the glue, it dries instantly. I have managed to glue frags underwater, but have used way more than I should have. So it's best to use this stuff outside.

8. Click Here!

9. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale