what fish goes well with nemo?(ocellaris clownfish)

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by helpme, Aug 3, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

dude, I work at a lfs and see this crap all the time. Conversations goes a little like this. Me: So how big is your tank?
    Customer: oh it's huge
    Me:Nice, what kinda skimmer you running on your tank?
    Customer: Oh it's an awesome one, it cost like a 100 bucks. It's a seaclone. I don't see any in your store.
    Me:Oh really, how are your nitrates
    Customer: I can't seem to get them down
    Me: have to tried a better skimmer?
    Customer: no it's not that. I'm not paying 300 dollars for a skimmer
    Me: ok, well there are some other things we can try
    Customer: So do you have any blue tangs
    Me: yeah we got a couple, what size is your tank again??
    Customer: it's huge (holds both hands out real wide
    Me: ok we'll bag one up for you

(week later)
    Customer: THIS TANG DIED
    Me: what size is your tank??
    Customer: oh it's a 29 gallon. It's a big one.

2. Click Here!

3. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

4. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

dude you think I'm playin.::)

5. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

Nope.. and we have totally hijacked this thread. Har har

:beer:

6. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

this couldn't have been a serious thread. Could we please move this to the bucket? It could be fun for a while=)

7. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

It's a sad situation. There are a great many people in this hobby that care for the creatures of the sea and want to provide the best possible homes for them as possible. It's expensive. It's time consuming. You gather advice from everyone you possibly can, research, and wait. But it's rewarding and worth every penny.

Then, on the other hand, there are those who just don't give a flying (expletive deleted) in a rolling donut about the comfort of what is in their tanks, they just want "nemo" to be sitting on their counter. They don't care to listen to advice. They want to use table salt or cut corners at every possible angle. Keep the fish in a gallon jar for gods sake. For the enjoyment I got out of the movie when it came out, it now makes me sick to think how many clown fish have died after the making of that movie.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. wastemanagement

wastemanagement Eyelash Blennie

10. ssgheislerswife

ssgheislerswife Ritteri Anemone

It may not be the LFS. I get lied to on a daily basis! We tell people, "No, you cannot have that fish! and "NO! I will not sell you another coral until you bring me a water sample and can speak intelligently about your lighting! There has to be a REASON they are dying!" There are some wonderful people in this hobby whom I love and enjoy helping them grow into advanced hobbyist, and then there are those who shouldn't be allowed into pet stores.

I'm not saying there aren't irresponsible money hungry LFS out there, I'm just saying that there are a lot of irresponsible pet owners too.

Ginny (Who sees every coral and fish as pets)

11. ssgheislerswife

ssgheislerswife Ritteri Anemone

Don't get me started!

Please, don't get me started! My daughter comes to work with me one day, this lady is trying to ask if she can keep Nemo with her Oscar (My daughter was 7). Bailey says, "Just throw your tank away, please!" Then the lady complains to the owner about Bailey and the owner says, "I'll give you a hammer that you can take to your tank!" ROFLMAO, I love that we're owned by hobbyists.

Ginny

12. devlzluv

devlzluv Ritteri Anemone

omg thats awesome i hope my kid is like that, I have a baby sailfin in my 65g with 2 occe clowns and im upgrading to a 125g and then hopefully in 3 years to a 300g when me and wifey get a new house or else I would have 1 now but damn second story sucks the fatty. I know its to small but gave myself time to upgrade properly to a new tank the way I want since im more knowledgeable, my lfs said you have 6 months to upgrade for your sailfin and I take that as get my **** together and provide a happy home. People are stupid in this hobby, a friend wouldnt listen to me and got a 30g with a teen tang and added liek 4 other fish and then a eel and wondered why the eel ate everything and then his tank crashed and died, god I love stupid people and mad cuz are fish doesnt deserve this stupidity of people. Its kinda sad people kill fish instead of doing research like everyone should do or ask. Just like when a new motorcycle rider buys a 1000cc and crashs it and wonders why, I look at them and say your lucky to be alive ******* and they give me this weird look like they want to punch me, lol go figure same in everythign we do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.