What does your Username mean?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by SnooknRedz, Dec 23, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SwimsWithFish

SwimsWithFish Giant Squid

For the record I always thought you were a woman. Lol

2. Click Here!

3. SwimsWithFish

SwimsWithFish Giant Squid

Mine has a little history. So when I first signed up for an aquarium forum(AA) I used "SleepsWithFish". It was ment as a reference to the movie "the godfather" one of my favorite movies. Anyways for some reason I told my dad that I joined a forum and my name is sleepswithfish.
    He started laughing because of... Well.... It's "suggestive nature" let's just say that. So I immediately contacted the admin and he kindly changed my username to "SwimsWithFish". Similar to the first one so that it doesn't cause any confusion(I had been a member there for months with thousands of posts). So when I got kicked off of Aquarium Advice I was referred to 3reef (I like it much better here:)) and I used the same username.

THE END

Basically a Godfather reference turned into a crappy username.:|

4. Beachbreak

Beachbreak Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Beachbreak - A term in surfing used to describe where surf breaks over a sandy bottom. I surf mainly beachbreaks so I figured that's as good as any

Snooknredz - Redfish are caught in large numbers all the way to Mexico. Here in TX they are a huge part of the fishing community. If you catch snook here - it makes the fishing news. They are just not that common so I'm a little envious of you guys!

5. kerr

kerr Plankton

Mine is my last name i figured it was simple, and i can't offend any one.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!

6. fishboyt

fishboyt Bristle Worm

My parents call me "fishboy", and I added the first initial of my first name. :)

7. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Funny, because of your age I always assumed your username was associated with the SNL character. ;D

8. Click Here!

9. wiigelec

wiigelec Fire Shrimp

My last name and I am an electrician/electrical engineer...

10. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

chelseagrin-pretty good death metal band ive got a friend involved with the group.

11. Coastie Reefer

Coastie Reefer Millepora

I thought it was a reference to the Black Dahlia or the Glasglow Smile. Now more commonly thought of as the face cut "why so serious" smile of the Joker in The Dark Knight.

12. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

My buds always called me dbo since I'm 6'5". It's a reference from the movie "Friday"
    And shibby was from "dude where's my car". I have no idea how they got put together but you all can just call me dbo lol