What do you think of SCWD's

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by fletch, Dec 29, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

So a Mag 7 or Mag 9 for these?

2. Click Here!

3. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Thank you everyone [smiley=thumbs_up.gif] I think I will wait until the new model comes out then I think that is the general consensus :-/............... John

4. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Junk IMO. Out of 35 I know of, none are working. I lost two and will never buy another product from that company. I switched over to a Ocean Motion Squirt, love it!

5. MacnReef

MacnReef Fire Shrimp

Well here is my input. I have used the OM 4way HD and I must say it is nice but WAY over priced! Anyway, I have had 4 SCWD's, just bought my 4th one. The first two I had were on a Mag7 but they both jammed and I could not get them unjammed (thankfully it was when they first came out and they were both samples. So I bought my third one and thought, I wonder if the Mag7 doesn't have enough pressure to unclog the gears, so I got a Mag9.5 and never had a problem. Anything that would go into the SCWD would come right back out. When I upgraded tanks, I sold the Mag9.5 and the SCWD and I talked to the guy the other day and the SCWD is still working like new. Now I just bought another one and a new mag 9.5. I really think that a Mag7 and smaller doesn't have enough pressure for it so you will need to get a bigger Mag and it should work like a charm!

Mike

6. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Unfortunatly, that option is out for smaller tanks, so I still stand by them being bogus.

7. captivereefs

captivereefs Feather Duster

As long as you run them with a prefilter they will last a long time. If they run on a pump that is not filtered they will fail prematurely. They work very nice aand i have a lot of local guys runnign them with no problems. Some for over a year! Best pump for them is a mag 12. If it jams the company has a good warranty on them.

8. Click Here!

9. MacnReef

MacnReef Fire Shrimp

Well, then maybe you (we) should say, The SCWD is works well if you have a high pressure/flow pump but of course this is not possible with smaller tanks. This way we are not bashing a product that does/has worked for many people.

Mike