what do you guys think of this t5 fixture?

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by mr_z, Feb 19, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. gutterguy

gutterguy Astrea Snail

On another forum a very well respected lighting guru just did a review on the 24" fixture. And I cant quote his excact response he is basically saying that they are ok for the money but they are made cheaply. if I can find the liink I will pm you with it.

2. Click Here!

3. ibefishy

ibefishy Montipora Capricornis

Not a bad light for the money if you change out the bulbs. I would probably save up more money and buy something of a higher quality to start with. Otherwise you will be looking to upgrade in the future. I have a 48" Odyssea T5 light and it has ran good for over 2 years without any problems. For what I paid for it I feel I got my money out of it but now I am looking to upgrade when my new tank is ready.

4. TheSaltwaterBoy

TheSaltwaterBoy Flamingo Tongue

I would say get it. I have the 4 54 watt t5 made by odyssea over my 55 gallon tank and i am growing sps and lps and softies under it. It is better than my TEK light i had over my 35 gallon! Just replace the bulbs to ATI.

5. mr_z

mr_z Bristle Worm

thanks guys im still thinking about it thanks for that pm gutterguy it is a good one and makes you think but if you mod it a bit maybe you can make it a bit better but well see ill post pics tho if i get it