What Do You Feed Your Corals!

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by Black_Raven, Sep 10, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Aaaah :lol: That makes more sense :)

2. Click Here!

3. bouraganes

bouraganes Peppermint Shrimp

I feed a mixture of brine shrimp, coral elegance, reef chili and spinach leaves which I blanche , freeze and shave off the block with a serated knife - I also turn off filtration for at least 1 hour-

4. LVReefer

LVReefer Astrea Snail

I use both cyclop-eeze and Hikari mysys shrimp for daily tank feeding. Every other night I feed Hikari Rotifers. I spot feed with a combo of the three, when I'm not being lazy. As far as feeding zoo's, some people spot feed them with the before mentioned frozen foods, but mine don't seem to care one way or the other.

5. serotonin

serotonin Purple Spiny Lobster

Hey now :), could you share how your making phyto @ home. I'm assuming your culturing greenwater too?

<3 thanks!

6. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

My fiancee cultures the phyto so I'll see if he's got time to post how to do it this weekend :)

7. jonathan

jonathan Aiptasia Anemone

dt's recommended dosage every other day, mysis and cyclo-peeze soaked in selcon to the fish twice a day and the remains usually scatter over my lps and softies. once in awhile i'll check my iodine/iodide levels and if they're low i'll dose a little lugol's solution.