What do yall think about this light?

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by Slacking02, Jul 14, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Tbass3574

Tbass3574 Astrea Snail

if you do buy a fixture, think about switching out the stock bulbs for brands such as ATI or Geismann, it can make quite a diffence.

2. Click Here!

3. Slacking02

Slacking02 Astrea Snail

Great feed-back!
    Didn't even think about the multiple power cords to put timers for the seprate lights!
    Glad i asked, now im geting a general idea what to start looking for!

Thanks once again!

4. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

I have the exact same light just the 36" same model light. Overall I would give it a solid "C" grade. The blue LED's are more like blue spotlights, they are very bright and very focussed. With them on you get solid blue beams, not a subtle moonlight effect. I dont use them so its of little impact to me.

The lights themselves are just on/off switches on the end, no timers or nothing so you would have to add in external timers.

The T5 light bulbs themselves are junk & I could see a visible color shift about 4 months in so think ahead on a bulb upgrade.

I would say its a good entry level light. Alot of people are against cheaper entry lights but for a budget person I would say it was worth what I spent and it fits the purpose I bought it for. Like mentioned I have the 36" on my 30gal mantis tank so I dont need a hardcore light.

They have this exact light for sale from a couple sellers on ebay for cheaper from a couple reputable sellers. Check there are well I think bigdogseller was the name but he has a 4 x 54 t5 set up that has timers built into the set up for around the same price. I use one of those on my 75g and its been a great light (after a bulb change).