What could be wrong with these zoas and palys?

Discussion in 'Coral' started by zesty, Sep 15, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Good to know. Little evil buggers, most times you can not even see their subtle little nips.

2. Click Here!

3. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Glad you found the problem zesty, those palys are awesome! Keep up with your dosing, you'll be amazed.

1 person likes this.
  4. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

have you noticed differences in your corals since starting the aquavitro dosing?

5. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

I've actually have not needed to dose that much. The only thing I'm doing is bringing up my Alk. I realize that my coral load doesn't take out enough CA & Mag to need to supplement that. My water changes are enough to supply the CA & Mag that my tank needs at the moment. I think I'm ahead of the learning curve here and that will be a first!

With that being said, things are looking good in the tank. So, maybe just paying attention to the big 3 params and trying to get as much stability as I can is helping.

I know, such a wishy washy answer. ;D

6. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

yeah, he's a bugger for sure!! I realized when I used the trap he was the most food aggressive and was right over there trying to get the pellets within seconds!

7. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

What's an update without pictures? Here are 2 out of the 3 zoa colonies that have made a good comeback. The 3rd is doing ok...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks all!