What corals are good for the sandbed?

Discussion in 'Coral' started by Puffer Chick, Jan 20, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

although i would love another brain, i noticed my current brain hated being right next to the vortech, ill look into the otehr two

2. Click Here!

3. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

lol :p might want to avoid the other two, they can be pricey. and not to big.

4. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

price is a problem :) i love brains and want another but just afraid they may turn out the way my current brain did when he was there is there a specific breed that would like being next to the strong flow

5. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Forgspawn, Hammer, Torch... I've seen those in the lower portion of peoples tanks, My duncans are almost in the sand bed and doing well. once again pricier corals. (duncans)

6. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

I was going to say acans, but they don't like heavy flow. There aren't manner lower light corals that would be good in high flow. Most lps would be out of the question as you have already learned. Acans may work, it really depends on the flow though.

7. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Most LPS do not do well in high flow areas. It causes the polyp to separate and most likely kill the coral.

8. Click Here!

9. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Candy Cane Coral, Likes medium flow, can be placed anywhere. :). also I believe deep water lobos like to be placed at the bottom with a medium flow. Mine is doing great in the sandbed, its even multiplying.

10. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

i will check into those ones
    hmmm maybe ill just stick with an empty sandbed spot since it doesnt seem like anything would like this spot
    didnt know about the polyp separating

11. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

ill check them out and prices, i dont know when i will be buying a coral for the spot, but at leat looking at possibilities

12. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Like I said before, Check out reefempires auctions, you can get some great deals, and 25$ shipping, cant top that if your order.