what can't i keep

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by kss2801, Nov 24, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

The only thing you could do for a better light at that price is Ebay. Current USA sells all of their refurbished units there as well as decent deals on used equipment. Make sure to research any light that you find.

Stay away from JEBO

2. Click Here!

3. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

If you're looking for some higher quality name brands, petmountain.com has some really cheap prices on higher quality products.

4. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

if you do use a brand with cheaper reflectors.. I know there is new UVL t5 V-HO bulbs with internal reflectors built-in the bulb. Ive used the PCs ones and they do help get more light into the tank if your reflectors arent the best... just FYI, since you would have to replace cheap/stock bulbs anyways.. for the price that 4x54w units is a good deal. Ive never had a problem with my 2x54 T5 unit, just upgraded the bulbs.. I would change out your 12k bulbs first, then do the actinics next.. you will notice a big difference on output and spectrum once you get the new bulbs.. stay with brands like UVL,ATI,giessman..

good luck.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  5. kss2801

kss2801 Montipora Capricornis

6. kss2801

7. kss2801