What CAN'T I dip in Coral Rx?

Discussion in 'Coral' started by Inertiatic, Feb 21, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Inertiatic

Inertiatic Bubble Tip Anemone

I dip all of my stony corals, but I have no clue about how to handle the various softies out there.

I know inverts such as clams and anemones should not be dipped. But how should I go when it comes to leathers, mushrooms, zoas, etc...?

Mainly curious because I have a Ricordea coming on Thursday and don't know what to do in regards to dipping.

2. Click Here!

3. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

Inverts, certain acro's...mainly smooth skinned (i.e. Hawkins Echinata) should NOT be dipped. I've never dipped Euphyllia's so I can't say. Enchinophyllia and Enchinopora's are fine, Acanthastrea, Favites, etc. Zoa/Paly's and Shrooms should be fine, as well as Ricordea (both FL and Yumas). I would stay away from dipping most NPS corals as well.

4. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

I would be careful on rics sinc the are very close to nems. I don't keep leathers because they are nasty and mess with water quality, but I dip all my incoming zoas.

5. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

I've dipped frogspawn and torches before no ill effect.

6. Inertiatic

Inertiatic Bubble Tip Anemone

If a dip in a solution is not a good idea, is a FW dip an option or that also a bad idea?

7. Jgut3

Jgut3 Fire Worm

Yeah I've dipped a hammer with flesh peeling. No problems and it pulled through :)