What are your reefing pet peeves?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by ibefishy, Jan 27, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. brannock_16

brannock_16 Ritteri Anemone

Stubborn clown fish that refuse to host in any nem (no matter what the species) that is put in the tank! :furious3:

2. Click Here!

3. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

Working at a pet store I hear both of those all the time. However, I baught a fish once as an excuse to upgrade.

4. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

other things that annoy me that aren't reef related but slightly forum related...

when people use the word "literally" when they mean "figuratively" as if saying "literally" makes it literal ::)

when people, I assume, think they're being smart and say "and I" when they mean "and me". "Here is a picture of my tank and I" as an example. drives me nuts. Take out the first part folks "blank and" and just leave the "me" or "I" and see which ones works. It's pretty easy to do. "Here is a pic of me" not "here is a pic of I" therefore "Here is a pic of my tank and me". ::)

ok, grammar lesson over ;)

:p

and back on topic

1 person likes this.
  5. NeighborTomita

NeighborTomita Banned

My biggest pet peeve's as a fellow enthusiast -

1. Impulse buying, or people just not doing research on something in general.

Do your research, please! :)

2. People buying FOWLR fish expecting them to do great in reefs. They aren't called FOWLR fish for nothing! ::)

6. arsoncop

arsoncop Astrea Snail

Salt creep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Drives me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. NU-2reef

NU-2reef Montipora Digitata

how bout blaming an lfs for selling livestock which the buyer knew nothing about

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Reefnfish

Reefnfish Plankton

Da#@ Green Haier Algae, and anything else that lives on a live rock other than the pretty stuff!!!!!!!

10. Bunner

Bunner Bubble Tip Anemone

buying angel fish food @ 4 x the price of my dried seaweed and my Tang eating it all....

11. bje

bje Long-fin Bannerfish

1) Salt Creep!!!!!
    2) My emerald crab deciding where my rocks should be...
    3) Lack of $$$ for the equipment I really want for safekeeping my lifestock
    4) Know-it-alls with a huge chip on their shoulder that are unwilling to think outside the box and do nothing other than argue (I seem to get into arguments with people at LFS' over the stupidest of questions) Whomever posted that you're sick of hearing BS fly out of peoples mouths to make a sale at a LFS; I am in total agreement.
    5) Impulse buying (Learned my lesson)
    6) People putting trigger fish/tangs in anything less than a 48" long tank or any fish that needs a very sizable acreage to swim in
    7) Having to 'right' my snails all the time from them falling over. Im about to give up on them. For the 0.50/cents they cost a piece it might be worth it to let them try to right themselves. May teach them a friggin lesson.
    8) My hermit crabs constantly trying to kill one another. A hermit crab tried to attack a emerald crab four times the size of him. The emerald crab picked up the hermit crab by its shell and dropped it over the edge of my rock scape. This is becoming a more common occurrence as of late. Although humerous, its annoying at the same time.

edit: Hahaha no matter what i do to make line item 8 it keeps taking the parenthesis and turning it into a smiley face...

12. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

Biggest pet peeve as already stated, people who ask for advice knowing the answer, get the answer they don't like, then ignore it.