What are these??

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by GitsieLouWho, Aug 16, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

We were told the two are better for are tank (two smaller units as opposed to one large unit). Is this true?
    Unfortunately our LFS wanted an arm and a leg for them, so we ordered online instead, otherwise they'd be up and running tonight.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. GitsieLouWho

GitsieLouWho Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

We dont screw around when it comes to our pets. Only the best for our babies.

2 people like this.
  4. lillys Grandad

lillys Grandad Horrid Stonefish

I used joes juice a few weeks ago...they be gone...smack! right in the mouth!..and a couple'o pep shrimp to keep it in check.
    good luck. :)

1 person likes this.
  5. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Just wondering about the prefferd location on the powerheads: does anybody have a prefferd location? Did some research and learned that off to the two sides on the back, pointed to the middle on the front. Good, or any suggestions?

6. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

I have two Koralia-3s (850GPH each). They are wonderful. You will love yours. I know I do.

7. lillys Grandad

lillys Grandad Horrid Stonefish

You just need to experiment a bit...depending on what kind of corals and thier locations...some like alot of flow while others seem to withdraw under heavy current..I have moved mine around a few times and now everyone seems happy...I have the pump flow running from the back to the front slightly angled and up high...and a korilla 1 on each side front top angled down...kind of selfish though, it keeps the fish in the front of the tank frolicking in the current...good visual. :)

8. Click Here!

9. chrisg

chrisg Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I, also, was lucky enough to get Aptasia with my live rock. I'm a little bothered that the LPS doesn't tell us about these things when we buy them. I did some research and went back to ask them about it. They suggested the peppermint shrimp. I was terrified I would wake up the next day to find a full tank of the stuff. LOL So I bought the shrimp. The really did the trick! Good luck with yours.

10. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Oh yeah....I got my two Koralia 3s for $75 (shipping included) on eBay.

11. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

OK. Our LFS wanted $69.99 each for the Koralia 1's! I got two shipped for 48 bucks, on e-bay as well

12. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

WOW :eek:, since when did they start manufacturing Koralias out of gold? thats insane!