What are these??

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by GitsieLouWho, Aug 16, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. scenario1313

scenario1313 Tassled File Fish

It is a hit or miss on the peppermint shrimp eating Aiptasia as some eat it and some don't

2. Click Here!

3. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

many people are unsuccessfull because they feed the shrimp b/c it looks cool, but if the shrimp's are full, why would they bother with the aptasia.

1 person likes this.
  4. deep6

deep6 Plankton

I bought 2 peppermint shrimp, I also had Aptasia on my live rock when I first set up tank.
    The peppermint shrimp at all the Aptasis in 2 nights, and none has ever returned.

It has been 8 months.

5. nunch

nunch Aiptasia Anemone

also if you dose calcium, put it in a dropper or baster and squirt it directly into the aptasia's mouth, for me and my brother, it worked instantly.

6. GitsieLouWho

GitsieLouWho Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

The green and pretty kind? Honestly IDK what kind of polyp they are so here's a pic...

Attached Files:

• 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      439 KB
      Views:
  7. R34dawn

R34dawn Ocellaris Clown

they look like green people eaters to me, some kind of green paly. do all of them fully open, or are they some what stay close must of the time?

oh! and about the aptasia anemone i've tryed lemon juice and didn't work, it went away for 2 to 3 days and then came back, it might of been that where it is is hard for me to eradicate.

8. Click Here!

9. GitsieLouWho

I'm not sure yet I bought it today. Most of them minus like one or two have opened up since I put it in the tank this afternoon though.

10. ssgheislerswife

ssgheislerswife Ritteri Anemone

Karma for making that point! Also good to remember when you get a blenny to help with hair algae or any other critter to get rid of a nuisance pest. Keep the feeding to a minumum and they'll go after the food you put them in there to eat instead of the food they don't have to work for.

11. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

How about a peppermint shrimp with a coral banded shrimp. My CBS is pretty big.

12. GitsieLouWho

All the little buggers (the anemones) are on one big rock, I was thinking about just pulling it out of the water and letting it air dry. The only problem is there is a baby set of pollyps on the rock as well i dont want them to die. I was wondering if there was any way to move the pollyps on to another rock so I can just set the infested rock out in the sun or something...