What a tough decision for LEDS....

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by jaymostella, Apr 27, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jaymostella

jaymostella Skunk Shrimp

I am thinking about taotronics purely due to cost.. I have a 125 and want to grow all types of coral and get into sps someday.. I want the great POP look of the blue that makes the corals light up like neon but also the daytime 14k look as well.. I currently have the coralife pro with 3 150w 14k Phoenix bulbs and 4 96w actinics..

I have priced lights from both rapidled and ledgroupbuy and torn between what to purchase.. The ledgroupbuy system, will run 1300.00 and rapidled system 950.00 from whats been recomended and been told either would be a great system .. I really would like to save money but not at the cost of limiting the look or growth potential, but dang thats a huge savings... With a 125 how many taotronics would it even take 2 or 3? The last concern is how high above the tank would they have to be hung as I currently only have around 14" of total height above but modifications could be made I guess if savings were great enough.....

Wow what a hard decision......

2. Click Here!

3. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Yeah it is, you'd prob be ok with 2 of the taotronics over your tank and if ya get the dimmable ones, ya can mount at any height. And after ya get 2 if ya need another just add it.

BUT, ya do lose a lot of controllability with the light spectrum with them, and the look ya can get with the tank.

But that is ALOT of money.

IMO, if ya have it to spend, I'd get the better systems and not have to worry about anything, But that is a lot of money lol

Good luck;)

4. jaymostella

jaymostella Skunk Shrimp

Hmmm I have a thought. If I could find someone within a reasonable drive from me that has the taotronics I could see. That would help tremendously.

So anyone within a couple hours drive from north Alabama?????

5. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid