WhachYaMaCallItSnail

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by 55gfowlr, Aug 19, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

I've had these extremely tiny snails wandering my glass for weeks now, my camera wouldn't, rather couldn't get a clear enough shot until now, and I didn't want to vaguely post a question with a random explanation of what they looked like.....

I have Cerith snails, Astrea, and what I believe these little guys to be, Nasurith snails, but I've been told Nas's are hard to breed in captivity. I also have Turbos, but these little guys look nothing like Em' so I didn't go there.

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. Coastie Reefer

Coastie Reefer Millepora

4. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

Mmmmmmm, All the stomatellas I searched that are that small didn't have shells, and most even have a lack of shell, these have very obvious shells on their backs.....possibly, but I'm leaning toward 'not this time'.

5. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

Without a joke, I have at least 50 of these guys around my tank, not sure where they came from.

6. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

I really wish somebody would throw their best guess on this. I'm curious since I've been staring at them for 3 weeks now........

7. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

Stomatellas do have shells, they're just small in comparison to their bodies.

Can't really tell the shape of yours, but they could either be pyramellid or collonistas.

8. Click Here!

9. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

That's what I was afraid of, this was the clearest photo of them I have been able to get since I've seen the little guys. The best I can give you is that in the picture, the outer shape of the top snail is it's shell. If you look to the center left of the top one, that's it's foot.

10. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

I meant I couldn't tell if they were more rounded, or long and pointy.

Collonista
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry, don't think I have any pyramellid snail pics handy. You can google it, though.

11. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

Ahh, thanks for the clarification, that being the case they are slender and pointy....

12. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

I suppose my personal question is,,, are Nasurith snails rare to see breeding in captivity?...
    cause that's what I think I have, only without the long snout standing proudly out in front....